We have a vision to consciously and systematically enshrine the concept of functional and effective planning into all facets of the College. This involves planning with the various segments of the College in order to accomplish the overall vision, mission, and objectives of the College.
The mission of the Academic Planning Directorate is to establish an integrated planning mechanism for the accomplishment of the goals and objectives of the College and to instill planning consciousness at all levels in the College so that their activities will be directed towards achieving stated goals/objectives. It is also our mission to ensure that action is preceded by carefully laid down plans for self-sustaining development.
The vision of the Academic Planning Directorate is to consciously and systematically enshrine the concept of functional and effective planning into all facets of the College. This involves planning with the various segments of the College in order to accomplish the overall vision, mission, and objectives of the College.
Functions and Objectives
The major duties of the Directorate include:
Academic Programme Monitoring
- Building and maintenance of a database of all approved academic programmes, and the use of collated data for projection purposes.
- Preparation and updating of the College academic brief.
- Monitoring the performance of all the College programmes to ensure the maintenance of high academic standards and quality control.
- Preparation of submissions to the College Academic Board, for approvals in respect of new programmes and new academic centres.
- Arranging for the accreditation of new programmes and the re-accreditation of existing ones by the National Commission for Colleges of Education and National Universities Commission
- Facilitating free-flow of information within the College and between Colleges of Education in Nigeria.
- Coordinating the College curriculum review exercises.
- Coordinating all research activities in the College.
- Initiating research linkages and technical cooperation between the Colleges other tertiary institutions, governments and their agencies. International Organizations, Industries and the neighbouring communities etc.
- Providing the secretariat for the College Committee for Research.
- Coordinating linkages and outreach programmes of the College including affiliations.
- Publication of research findings.
- Promotion of individual and group research achievements through various national and international exhibitions and awards.
Publication, Documentation and Strategic Planning
- Coordination and monitoring of publication of the College calendar, annual reports, prospectus and other related publications.
- Co-ordination of the production and updating of policy document on course credit system.
- Producing, reviewing and monitoring the implementation of the College’s Strategic Rolling Plan.
Other functions and activities include:
- Participation in College curricula revision and/or review activities as well as ensuring that the College complies with procedures and guidelines on new programme development as prescribed by the National Commission for Colleges of Education (NCCE).
- Collecting, analysing, interpreting and storing data on students, staff, and equipment for the purpose of providing all segments of the College with necessary information on infrastructural needs for efficient and effective functioning.
- Assisting in producing and/or revising long, medium and short-term academic briefs.
- Documenting and storing of information on the academic programmes of the College.
- Analysis and interpretation of College annual and trend statistics.
- Publication of College records, statistics, and research reports, etc., as may be directed/approved by the Provost. .
- Monitoring of College academic policy and its implementation.
- Sourcing of scholarships, sponsorship and fellowship for staff.
- Liaison with other Colleges, Schools, Departments and Units on information and data for planning purposes.
- Sourcing for linkages and collaborations with other Institutions/Organizations in order to exchange collegiality across the globe.
Members of Staff
|1||Dr. Lawal, Moshood Babatunde||Chief Lecturer||NCE ’80; B.Ed. ’83, M. Ed. 198 Ph.D.|
|2||Obata Olabisi Idowu (Mrs.)||Principal
|AMNIM 2003; MIPM
B.A Agric. 1998
|3||Agemo Isaac Oluwasegun||Chief Clerical Officer||FSLC’77,
WASC’88; GCE 03
|4||Omidiya Jaodat Mosunmola||Planning Officer||ACIPM; WASC ’89;OND 94; HND’98; PGD’01|
|5||Abass Idayat Abiodun||Cleaner||FSLC 1975|