The APS was established through an M.O.U signed between AOCOED and Applied Scholastics International in November, 2006. Selected members of staff – Dr. Benjamin, Mrs. Ladele and Mr. Layiwola were specially trained in Study Technology Techniques so as to train others in order to achieve the objectives of the Centre. The Centre was registered as a limited liability company in 2008.
The mission of APS – AOCOED Ltd is to provide effective educational services and materials based on the break – teachers and students at all levels. It works with Schools, Government and like–minded Institutions to bring about revitalization in the field of education.
We envision a Nigeria were people are empowered in their learning by Study Technology and are able to achieve their goals alongside improve their lives, thereby creating a new civilization founded upon knowledge, and understanding a country in which education standards are high and effective teaching and learning are the norms.
Scope and Responsibilities/Services Provided
- To sell, deliver training courses, course packs and textbooks for teachers, lecturers, students and parents.
- To deliver teacher training workshops and seminars.
- To deliver Study Technology courses and workshops to Colleges in other West African countries.
- To collaborate on Government contracts for the purpose of broad delivery within the Public Education System.
- To provide Study Technology training to students in AOCOED.
- To provide Study Technology training to all lecturers / academic staff within the College.
The Director – Dr. A Benjamin is the Head of Applied Scholastics – AOCOED Ltd. Dr (Mrs.) Ladele O. who is now the Provost was the Planning Officer for Workshops/ Seminars, Mr. Asaju – a printer, is in charge of the printing unit.
- A fully equipped media Resource Centre with modern public address systems, projectors, screens, laptop computers and printers.
- A study hall with capacity for 50 trainees.
- A printing unit and offices for staff members.
- Since its inception in 2006, the unit has planned and successfully conducted over 25 workshops for teachers and administrators in Private and Public Schools, Colleges of Education, Ministry of Education etc.
- Through its efforts, other Applied Scholastics Centres have been inaugurated, they are:
- Applied Scholastics Training Centre, Federal College of Education, Pankshin, Plateau State.
- Applied Scholastics Training Centre, Adeyemi College of Education, Ondo, Ondo State; and
- Applied Scholastics Training Centre, Ebonyi State College of Education, Ikwo, Ebonyi State.
The APS – AOCOED is currently the Headquarters of APS Centres in Nigeria. The Centre has been given the franchise by APS – International to print and sell the Learning-How-To-Learn Education booklet. The Centre has since been registered as a Limited liability Company.
Members of Staff
|1.||Dr. Ayinde Benjamin||B.Sc ’81, M.sc ’86, PGDE ‘88, M.ED ’91, Ph.D ‘ 04||Chief Lecturer/ Director|
|2.||Dr (Mrs). Ladele, Omolola Aina||NCE (Maths/ Geo) ’81, B.Sc Ed (Maths) ‘85, M. Phil ( Curr Maths) ‘ 90. Ph.D ‘11||Chief Lecturer|
|3.||Mr. Asaju, S.S||GCE’ 99, Dip. ‘ 92, Dip ’92 B.A( CRS) 2009||Higher Executive Officer|
|4.||Mrs. Zaccheaus Temitayo Oluwatoyin||SSCE 2002, Dip 2003, BSc(Ed) 2008||Typist / Confidential Secretary|
|5.||Odugbesan, Isaac Oluwatobi||SSCE 2004, NCE (Csc/Mat) 2010, B.Sc/Ed (Computer Science) 2015||Programme Secretary|
The Centre operates with other 30 workshop leaders among the Lecturers in the College.