The Unit was formally a section under Academic Affairs Division. It was carved out of Academic Affairs Division to be under the Provost office in September, 2015 under the leadership of Mrs Bello G. O.
The unit is reposed with the responsibility of admitting qualified candidates into all Departments in the College. The criteria for Admission include:
- Registering for and scoring the minimum Cut-Off marks in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME). And
- Possession of the minimum ‘O’ level requirements for Admission into a College of Education as stipulated in the NCCE Green Book.
To admit qualified candidates into all Departments in the College.
- To ensure that the Admission processes are conducted in compliance with the requirements of the National Commission for Colleges of Education as stipulated in the Green book.
- To ensure that all candidates score the minimum cut-off in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination as decided in the Policy Meeting of the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board.
Scope and Responsibilities/Services Provided
- Conducting screening exercise for all candidates seeking Admission into the College
- Short listing of successful candidates in the Admission screening exercise
- Placement of students into various course combination in all departments in the College
- Providing adequate information of all candidates admitted to the Students Account Unit of the Bursary department with a view to assigning Bursary numbers to them
- Providing detailed information of all candidates to the Information Communication Technology Centre to enable them register their courses for the session
- Providing other registration documents to the newly admitted Students.
- Ensuring that all admitted Students register appropriately for the session.
- Ensuring the submission of all registration forms for the Academic session by the admitted students
- Ensuring the signing of the Matriculation Register by all the candidates.
The unit effectively performs his role of admitting qualify candidates in producing teachers that will be able to compete favourably with their counterparts within Lagos state in particular, Nigeria and beyond.
Members of Staff
|1.||Mrs. Kunle-Lawal H. O.||B.SC’97 M.SC’05, MPA’08||Princial Assitant Registrar|
|2.||Mr. Thomas B. J.||NCE ’98. B.SC’03||Senior Assistant Registrar|
|3.||Mr. Agemo O. B.||NCE ’98, BSC, ’00.||Principal Executive Officer I|
|4.||Mrs. Ajibola O. O.||GCE ’84/85||Chief Clerical Officer|