This Unit came into existence in the latter part of 2011. It took off with an officer who possesses astute credence in Staff unionism with unprecedented track records of leadership training and achievement in objective unionism.
Prior to 2014, a unit was responsible to both the Provost and Registrar on labour and industrial relations. However, in August 2015, a Senior Clerical Officer was officially posted to the Unit.
- To liaise between the College and the various Staff Unions in AOCOED.
- To liaise with sister Staff Unions in other Institutions, if need be, on issues that need clarifications.
- To work ahead of the Unions and advise the Management on issues and areas that may lead to conflict.
- To broker peace in Union/Management face off.
- To maintain and sustain peace in peaceful situations.
- To initiate ideas and suggestions that can lead to Industrial peace and harmony within and without.
- To share, relate exchange, and seek ideas leading to the growth and maintenance of peace in the teaching and learning industry.
To evolve strategic thinking that evokes the positive synergy expected between the College Management and the three (3) Staff Unions as partners in progress towards the attainment of the College goals.
Managerial politics devoid of conflict.
Ensure that the stakeholders adopt the internal mode of dispute resolution machinery.
Sustenance of peaceful cohabitation among the stakeholders in the College.
Members of Staff
|1||Mr. Ayeni M. A.||GCE’84, B.SC’92||Principal Assistant Registrar|
|2||Mr. Ogunfowora O. M.||WASC’78 & ’83||Senior Clerical Officer|