The College has been involved in a series of research work through the establishment and operation of some Units and Centres. These include:
• Directorate of Vocational and Technical Education Studies (DIVOTES) to train students for NABTEB Examinations.
• Centre for Lagos Studies (CEFOLAS). The Centre serves as a research centre and as the custodian of the history and culture of Lagos State. It also serves as a museum for Lagos State cultural artefacts.
• Academic Planning Unit aimed at promoting research work among staff and improving the quality of academic programmes offered in the College.
The College has equally been involved in some external relations and exchange programmes aimed at improving the professional competencies of its staff in teaching and research work.
Examples of such links include:
• University of Georgia, USA
• Edith Cowen University, Australia
• Centre for International Languages and Linguistic Research, Lomé, Togo
• University of Toronto, Canada
• California State University, Los Angeles, USA
• Applied Scholastics International, USA
• COMPASS, USA
• Havering college, UK.
Main Research activities in the College is coordinated by the research committee, currently headed by Dr. G.A. Ajewole. Other members are;
Dr. M.B. Lawal
Dr. (Mrs) K.O. Adeniyi
Dr. O.A. Awofisayo
Mr. I.A. Olawale
Mr. V.O. Akinola
Mr. Wale Ajao.