A very warm welcome to The Department of Hausa which was established in 1992. The programme started with Pre N.C.E. courses in 1992/93 Academic Session with a student population of thirty-six (36). As part of the NCCE requirement, students go for acculturation programme at F.C.E. Kano. As at today, the Department has Parts I to III. It is also important to note that some students in the Primary Education are offering Hausa as Elective. The Department has been graduating students since inception some of whom are currently teaching Hausa in both public and private schools in Lagos and Ogun State.
Mission / Objectives
- Equip the students with the basic skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing the Hausa Language.
- To expose the students to the rich socio-cultural and political lives of the native speakers of the language;
- The vision of teaching Hausa is to bring about unity and understanding among the three major languages in particular and indeed all Nigerian Languages in general, in addition, the vision is aimed at achieving the following:
- To produce highly qualified teachers in Hausa Language.
- To prepare them adequately for the task of teaching Hausa at pre-primary, primary and Junior Secondary School levels.
- To be able to understand clearly simple Hausa whether spoken or written.
- To be able to express their thoughts and experiences in simple spoken and or written Hausa.
- To be able to pass the GCE/O’ level in Hausa thereby laying a good foundation for further studies in the language.
- To provide continuous improvement in Hausa Language through Research, Curriculum innovation and teacher training.
Members of Staff
|S/N||NAME||QUALIFICATION||RANK / STATUS|
|1.||Mr. Tanko S.||M.Ed(Lang.Edu), P.G.D.E., B.A. (Hons Hausa)||Senior Lecturer|
|2.||Mr. Bello S.||B.A. (Hons Hausa)|
|3.||Mr. Alaays M.||B.A. (Hons Hausa)|