Profile of Dr (Mrs) Kemi
Dr. ‘KemiTowolawi, an astute, physically fit, mentally alert and morally upright certified professional Librarian is well-versed in all aspects of library administration and management. She understands the complexity of academic systems and can effective utilise human and material resources to support organisational aspirations.
She is presently serving as the Executive Administrator of the Adeniran Ogunsanya College of Education Library
- She reports to the college Provost for the day to day running of the college library in the area of provision of all forms of materials to support the teaching, learning and research needs of the college community.
- She oversee collection acquisition and development, budgeting, staffing, maintenance and formation of state, national, and international partnerships in library services, physical space, information technology adoption and development, website content development and strategic planning respectively.
- She is highly collegial, visionary and experienced with proven ability to manage, develop, and fast forward the achievement of the strategic vision of the college, while successfully implementing operational details and managing of all library staff.
- She possesses adequate and extensive experience in library operations, development, management, analysis and policy development and compliance;
In addition, she exhibits superb communication, organization and interpersonal skills.
- She is dedicated to fostering and enhancing a welcoming and inviting library atmosphere, with strong history of leading high-performance teams to meet and exceed set institutional goals and objectives.
- She is a media and technology savvy, highly dedicated and hardworking with internal drive to deliver excellence.
- She is also a tactical team builder and player with strong background in mentoring, training, research cum team development.
- Her integrity is rated high.
In addition to the aforementioned duties and responsibilities, she also performs the under listed primary assignment as the college librarian namely in,
- Providing services and resources that allow staff and students of the college to develop skills in locating, evaluating, synthesizing and using information to solve problems;
- Serving as information materials expert and curriculum adviser to ensure that the college library is innovated in the instructional programs of the AOCOED
- supporting teaching, learning and research by advancing the teaching, research and learning mission of the Adeniran Ogunsaya College of Education and satisfying the entire staff and students quest for new knowledge through scholarship, dissemination of knowledge embedded in acquired information rich resources, teaching, outreach and creative experimentation of ideas and concepts.
- Serving and fostering a culture of service in support of college students, faculty, staff, and the greater Oto-Ijanikin and the Lagos community.
- Strengthening the college and departmental libraries.
- inspiring and nurturing cross-disciplinary collaboration across the college and departmental libraries by leveraging on the diverse expertise of other professional librarians within the library for internal collaboration
- Serving as an ambassador and advocating for the library by developing partnerships with other academic and other Lagos state libraries and library associations.
- Innovating and working closely with the college Management, Deans, Directors and Departmental Heads to prioritize and focus on the developments of the AOCOED community
- Recruiting, developing, motivating, and evaluating a College Library workforce in alignment with personnel’s job expectations, professional roles, and the college mission. A central element of this responsibility includes implementing professional development and scholarship among Library staff.
- establishing meaningful and measureable goals for the college accomplishment, while assessing its outcomes on regular basis, and developing a culture of professionalism among librarians
- Overseeing the college library finances by function as the Chief Fiscal Officer through regular monitoring of financial transactions and by making sound fiscal decisions to the benefit of the Library and the college at large.
- Engaging in campus scholarly life, forming relationships with students, staff, and schools/faculty across the NCE, undergraduate and vocational schools and directorates.
Dr. Towolawi, has over 20 years of work experience, 15 years of which is of post qualification and progressive experience in the library industry. She offers expertise in presentation, research, analytical, problem solving leadership and management.
She is proactive in addition with evidence of consummate passion and drive to instill confidence in others and command loyalty and respect. She holds a PhD. in Educational Media Resource Management and Master Degree in Library and Information Science (MLlS) respectively from the premier University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria.
- She possesses organisational, interpersonal, presentational and analytical skills.
- She is highly proactive, courageous, skilled and not afraid of change, but possesses problem solving skills and disposition.
- She is an expert in training and mentorship of professional, para-professional and library support staff cum students from academic institutions all over Nigeria.
In addition, she possesses the knowledge of key trends in library science, including the ability to evaluate emerging technologies and has the ability to recruit, lead, manage and instill professional development opportunities.
- She is endowed with superb written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills; highly experienced in library budgeting, financial management, resource allocation and fostering of diversity and inclusion.
- She is highly experienced in accreditation requirements in academic libraries, computer, media and information literacy savvy.
- She is a consultant in library collection development; library administration and management as well as electronic library development while she is also a reviewer of all forms of information materials.
- She is published locally and internationally
- She possesses high integrity and customer responsive acumen.
- Highly experienced in the knowledge of academic library administration and development.
- She is a library management guru, with expertise in library SWOT analyst, collection and electronic resource development
- Fluent in English, data analysis, staff training and development; friendly and an effective trainers, who is collaborative in nature and enjoys acting as a team-player
- She is in addition a multi-tasker.
PIONEERING ACCOMPLISHMENT AS A PROFESSIONAL
As a pioneer expert in academic and Professional Librarianship, she has pioneered namely;
- the establishment and development of the Bells University Library from inception in the areas of space allocation, departmentalization, infrastructural and furniture suitability. selection and procurement of current and relevant information rich resources both in print and electronic format
- the administration and management of the Readers’ Services Department of the Bells University Library as a public relation arm of the University Library
- the Administration and management of the Serials’ Services Department of the Bells University Library
- the establishment, administration and management of the Collection Development Department of the University Library cum building the collection from nil to over 70,000.volumes of relevant titles to support the teaching, learning, research and leisure needs of the first private University of Technology in Nigeria.
- the coordination of all university Professional and NUC Accreditation Exercises for all academic programmes of the Bells University of Technology, Ota
- a pioneer lecturer 1, Department of Library And Information Studies, Tai Solarin University of Education, ijagun, Ijebu-Ode. Ogun State. Nigeria Teaching
- Pioneered Science teacher at the OGSFPP, Area J4. (Biology and Chemistry) and in the preparation of first set of sciences student for WASSCE. 2002-2005
- Pioneered the establishment of the Biology and Chemistry Laboratories and the School Library.
- Pioneer Coordinator and Lecturer, GES 107: Use of Library and Study Skill (1C) Bells University of Technology, Ota. Ogun State. Nigeria x
- Lecturer: LIM 323: Preservation and Conservation of Library Materials (3C) [TASUED, 2012] • Lecturer : LIS 313: Collection Resources Management (3C) TASUED: 2012)
Certification and Membership of Professional Body of Nigeria
- CLN (Certified Librarian of Nigeria) Conferred by the Librarian Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN)
- ADAPT (Certified Trainer) Conferred by the Digital Bridge Institute (DBI).
- Members, Nigerian Library Association (NLA)
- Member, Association of Women Librarian of Nigeria (AWLIN)
- Members, Nigerian School Library Association (NSLA)
- Member, National Association of Women in Academics (NAWACS)