AOCOED Health Centre started at the inception of the College.
- Provision of comprehensive medical care services for students, staff and family (Up to 4 children);
- Provision of other ancillary health services like:
- Pre-employment medical examination and certification of medical paper of New staff.
- Pre-admission medical examinations, issuing medical clearance and registration of all new students in the College Health Centre.
- diagnostic health services including medical laboratory test and X-ray facilities:
- admission facility for more severe medical cases:
- preventive health services including Immunization, Health Education, and Environmental Health Services:
- Collaborative Health Services with Local and State Government such as Immunization Campaign; Tuberculosis and Leprosy control.
- Extending medical services to the immediate community of the College.
- Dispensing of drugs to students, staff and their dependants in and out patient
- Purchasing of drugs.
- Taking stock of the drugs in the store with the Internal and External Auditor
- To ensure everyone is conscious of their health, take precautions and able to maintain and achieve good health for all.
- To give adequate care to those who have one health challenge or the other.
- To identify tuberculosis suspect and screening of the tuberculosis suspects.
- Management of tuberculosis cases.
- Contact tracing of TB suspects to prevent it from spreading.
- To provide a first class diagnostic services while achieving excellence in Health Care Delivery.
Rendering comprehensive medical services that is free, readily available, and complete to staff and students in the College, including staff dependants. Extending such services to the immediate community and also working in collaboration with Local and State Government and other Health Agencies in improving the Health Care Delivery system of Lagos State and Nigeria in general.
Scope and Responsibilities
The following Departments exist at the AOCOED Health Centre:
- Medical Unit
- Nursing Unit
- Radiology Unit
- Laboratory Diagnostic Unit
- Pharmacy Unit
- Preventive Health Care Unit; and
- Administrative Unit.