The Internal Audit department of AOCOED was established in July, 1988 as a unit directly responsible to the Chief Executive when the College Governing Council appointed a college Auditor. Prior to the appointment, auditing had been carried out on periodic and temporary basis by the Auditors from the Ministry of Education.
- To ensure that the activities of the college are conducted in compliance with the requirements of the law setting up the college and in line with the standard financial practice.
- To ensure that the assets of the college are safeguarded and liabilities truly incurred and all expenditures are properly approved.
- To ensure that all revenues and receipts due to the college are collected and properly collated for reasonable accountability.
- To prepare audit plan/programme.
- To provide audit report to the Governing Council, Management etc.
Scope and Responsibilities/Services Provided
- To act as an additional measure of internal check of the College accounting procedure.
- Serving as an effective measure of internal control as necessary pre-payment and operational audit methods are employed for all payments.
Divisions in the Unit and Mode of Operations
- General Administration and Registry
- Salaries and Wages
- Student Account
- Store and Asset Registry
- Final Account and Management Information
- Frauds and Investigations
- Final Entitlements, and
- The unit has been able to curb the printing of fake receipts by students. Moreover, payment audit errors have been avoided.
- The unit has also been able to monitor the implementation of internal control in the system.
Members of Staff
|1.||Mr. Isiaka N.O||PGDM,HND,CNA||Chief Int. Auditor|
|2.||Mr. Olayeye O.||ACA,HND,ACCT||Asst Chief Internal Auditor|
|3.||Mrs. Ige Titilope||HND,ND,PGDE ACCT.||Senior Exe. Officer|
|4.||Mrs. Oni-David M.||B.SC, ND.ACCT||Senior Executive officer|
|5.||Mrs. Owoyemi M.||B.ED, DIP, RSA.||Secretary|
|6.||Mrs. Akinosi K.F||B.SC,I.R.P.M||Chief clerical officer|
|7.||Mrs. Sharomi S.||B.A,HISTORY &INTERNATIONAL RELATION||Chief Clerical officer|
|8.||Mrs. Alagbe E.||B.ED,GCE||Clerical Officer|