- The provision of quality service that will enhance the acquisition of skills, techniques and tactics useful for efficiency in Amateur Sports for students and gainful leisure time for staff and the entire College Community.
- To support institutional sports development at the State, National and International levels.
Main Components of the Council
- Institutional Sports: These include Intramural and Extramural Sports Competitions.
- Intra – School Sports Competition
- Inter – School Sports Competition
- Inter – Club Sports Competition
- Extramural Sports include:
- Zonal Tertiary Institutions Games & Friendly Games.
- Lagos State Tertiary Institutions Game and Friendly Games
- Nigeria Colleges of Education Games Association
- Nigeria Tertiary Institutions Games Association
- West Africa Colleges of Education Games Association.
- Other Invitational Games at the State, National and International levels.
Philosophy of the Council
Development of knowledge and mental alertness.
Development of physical skills and fitness.
Development of desirable social attributes like discipline, honesty, tolerance, and positive competitive drive.
Providing a database for future elite athletes.
Identification of young talents for local, state, national and international sports competitions.
Sports Field, Indoor Sports Hall, Basket ball court, Tennis Court, Volley ball court, Two Standard Table Tennis boards is available in the College.
The College Management ensures that the Sports Council is adequately funded. In essence, as with other endeavors, finance and sponsorships are vital requirements.
Members of Staff
There are three (3) substantial coaches and one (1) Part-Time Coach at present in the Sports Council of the College.
|1.||Mr. Hamzat R.O||Diploma ’99, ITTF LEVEL 1 Coaching certificate ’10, B.Sc.Ed in view ’16||Assistant Principal Coach|
|2.||Mr. Oroleye A.A.||NCE ’93, BEd ’98, Ph.D in View ’16, MEd ’06||Assistant Principal Coach|
|3.||Mr. Sunmonu M.S||NCE ’01, B.Sc.Ed ’05, MED ’09, Ph.D in View ’14,|
|4.||Joyi S. Y.||TC II ’00, B.Sc.Ed ’08, M.Sc.Ed ’11
The above mentioned coaches are automatic members of the Sports Council.
THE SPORTS COUNCIL CONSISTS OF THE FOLLOWING:
|1.||Dr. Ayoade T.O||Chief Lecturer||Chairman (SOS Rep.)|
|2.||Mr. Layiwola L.A||Chief Lecturer||Member (Fote Rep)|
|3.||Mr. Keshinro O.T||Lecturer||Member (SVTE Rep.)|
|4.||Dr. Akanmu S.O.||Lecturer||Member(SLAN Rep.)|
|5.||Mr. Alagbe A.A.||Senior Lecturer||Member (SASS Rep.)|
|6.||Mr. Oyeyemi S.O.||Senior Lecturer||Member(SEDU Rep.)|
|7.||Mr. Lajide E.O.||Principal Lecturer||Member (SOS Rep.)|
|8.||Mr. Issa Y. O.||Assistant Chief Exec. Officer||Member(SLAN Rep.)|
|9.||Mr. Ishola A. A.||Senior Lecturer||Member(SECPED Rep)|
|10.||Mr. Adewale A.N.||Asst. Chief Nursing Sister||Member (Clinic Rep.)|
|11.||Mr. Ayegbe I.||Senior Assistant Registrar||Secretary|