- To provide in-service training programmes for teachers in order to improve their professionalism.
- To update practicing teachers knowledge on current development in their disciplines.
- To provide instructional courses leading to Bachelor Degree in Sciences, Arts and Social Science, Vocational and Technical courses with bias for teaching.
- To accommodate candidates who are not privileged to pursue full time university education programme.
- To encourage life long education.
- To provide basis for cross fertilization of knowledge and idea through conferences, seminars, workshops, and study groups for the purpose of improving instruction and learning.
- To in-still professionalism ethics in students during the course of study.
- To produce graduates that would be able to teach competently and efficiently at the primary and the secondary school levels.
- Entry requirements can be accessed in the University Prospectus and Students Hand Book.