Welcome to School of Preliminary Studies
The Pre-NCE program popularly known as School of Preliminary Studies years back was introduced to prepare students to meet the requirement for admission into the NCE Regular Programme. But that is a thing of the past as today the Pre-NCE is used to prepare prospective candidates for Joint Admission Matriculation Board (JAMB) entrance Examination and Post (UTME) and obtain scores within the national minimum cut-off point before he/she could gain admission into the college of education of his/her choice or any other tertiary institution of his/her choice.
Based on this, subjects and not courses are offered in the school of preliminary studies. The subjects so offered will suit the course combination that the student plans to study either in a college of education or any tertiary institution of his/her choice.
The school was established in 1993. The rational behind it’s introduction stemmed out of admission of science students in the college. The programme was later extended to technical education and French.
The main goal/mission of the preliminary NCE program is to produce qualify candidates for admission into standard NCE program in the areas of Science, Vocational and Technical Education, Nigerian Language , French and any other field as specified by the Government bodes.
- To transform into an excellent Preliminary Studies Centre where Students will feel challenged to study and excel and Staff will be inspired to dedicate their Services to developing and training students for academic pursuits.
- To prepare and equip students for transition in to the running stream NCE or any other tertiary institutions.
To be a renounce Centre for Preliminary Studies characterized by an enabling value driven Academic environment suitable for learning with highly skilled Professional Lecturers that will be recognized nationally for Academic excellence.
- To produce qualified students for admission into the NCE Regular Programme in the College.
- To prepare students for the UTME, SSCE, GCE and NECO examinations
- Production of qualified students for admission into the NCE Programme.
- Production of qualified students for admission into Nigerian universities and other tertiary institutions
- Production of students with a minimum of credit passes in five subjects in SSCE.
The scope of the Programme basically involves:
- Preparing students to be adequate in undertaking Regular NCE Programmes; and
- UTME subjects required for tertiary institutions in Nigeria
These include the following:
- Coaching and preparing students for the NCE Programme, UTME and SSCE
- Purchase of JAMB forms for students and registering them for the examination
- Registering students for a new academic session in the College
- Counseling and guiding students on which subjects to register for according to the preferred course of choice
- Conducting first and second semester examinations
- Collating and processing results of the examination and publishing same.
List of Departments, Divisions and Units
- Admission/Registration Unit: This Unit is responsible for screening registering and admitting students for the Programme.
- Records/Filing Unit: This Unit keeps the files of the students registered for the Programme and undertakes the movement of such files.
- Administrative Unit: This Unit is responsible for all the administrative work in the school which includes raising and typing of memoranda, documents, supervision of other units, organizing examinations/invigilation and processing the issuance of Bursary Department Numbers for students who have paid.
Members of Staff
|1.||Pastor Egbetokun, Samuel Olurotimi Ph.D, FCA||HND’83,B.SC’93, PGDE’99, M.SC’01, FCA ’13||Chief Lecturer/Dean|
|2.||Mr. Balogun K. R.||OND ’85, B.Sc(Ed) ’92||School Officer|
|3.||Mrs. Ogundare C. O.||B.SC.’87,PGDE’05, M.Ed’07||Assistant Chief Executive Officer|
|4.||Mrs Enitinwa E. O.||25WPM ’91, 35WPM ‘ 92, OND ’93||Chief Typist|
|5.||Mr Awoyejo S. A||GCE ’83, BSC ’05||Chief Clerical Officer|